Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

There are so many things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving! It's hard to know where to start! When in doubt, I've found it's best to go "High Fidelity" and do a top 5.

Top Five Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving:

5. I live in Sicily! As if this didn't rule enough, we have a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment with a nice fenced in yard for our dog, and a great view of a giant volcano. AND I still get to work at bob 93.3 part-time! You can still hear me Sundays from noon 'til 4.

4. I'm an American! You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. I love Italy, but I want Americans to know, we've really got it made in the US! The United States just has more! There is so much opportunity, variety, entertainment, I could go on and on! I love living here! I also love knowing that when our time here is up, we get to return to the greatest country on Earth!

3. We've got so many great friends in Italy! We've been here 6 weeks and already we've made some good ones. I prayed for this before we left. God answers prayer!

2. I have the best family AND in-laws! This becomes more apparent the more I hear friends talk about their families and in-laws. I'm truly blessed!

1. Mahlon's not deployed for the holidays this year! This is our 1st Thanksgiving together. It'll be our 1st Christmas too! He's working a 12 hour shift today, but he's on the same continent as me. We'll spend Thanksgiving together beginning at 7pm, hooray!

No comments: