Friday, January 30, 2009

HERE WE GO...TO THE SUPERBOWL!

We're getting ready for the big game, Sunday night at 12am! Our friends Kari and Adam have decided to host the Superbowl party this year. Even though I don't have any friends here who are Steelers fans, I'm lucky enough to have great friend cheering on the Steelers for me!

So far, the plan is to decorate Kari and Adam's house in Black & Gold. I've already got the streamers. I've got a lot of Terrible Towels to pass out too. Adam and I have planned out the food:

Hot Dog Bar (with chili, cheese, sauerkrout, mustard, onion, relish...the works!)
Roethlisburgers
Cupcakes with the Steeler's US Steel logo

If you've never had a Roethlisburger, you're missing out! Here's the official recipe:

Here’s what you need for one sandwich:
6 ounces hot sausage, chopped finely
6 ounces high-quality ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
1 jumbo egg, scrambled
4 slices American or provolone cheese
1 fresh Italian sub roll
Optional garnishes: lettuce, tomatoes, hot pepper, mayonnaise
Cook the sausage, beef and onion on a griddle or skillet (if needed, grease the surface with a small bit of olive oil). When the meat and onions are just about ready, toss in the scrambled egg with the meat and mix together. When egg is cooked, place cheese across the top. Let cheese melt, and then scoop everything up into a sub roll. Garnish as desired.

At this moment, I can't help but miss Pittsburgh. I know how exciting it must be there, and how everyone is wearing their colors. DVE is probably saturating the city with Steelers songs...HERE WE GO!

I also miss Jagger, Jenny, Sarah and Rodney, my friends who I've been watching the games with the past few years. I was with them when the Steelers got one for the thumb! They've been emailing me like crazy over the past few weeks, and they've decided to set a picture of me out by the TV while they watch the game so it'll be like I'm there :)

No comments: