Saturday, May 1, 2010

AGRIGENTO, THE VALLEY OF THE TEMPLES

We had a rare experience today...a family trip! It was just the three of us. We hopped in the car and made the trip, just over two hours, to the city of Agrigento to visit the famous Valley of the Temples.

First stop, the Temple of Heracles.



My little Hercules in front of the Temple of Heracles. I was clapping and singing, Hercules, Hercules!




Next, the Temple of Concordia. It was massive!





Me at Concordia:




The Temple of Juno:



If you can take your eyes off that beautiful little round face for a moment, you'll see the Temple of Concordia very small in the background!



See it?



A view of the Mediterranean from the Temple of Juno.



I love Sicily's wildflowers, particularly these pretty red ones! They're everywhere!



Juno again:



I love the landscape here!



A stop for gelato and a diaper change makes it a perfect day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are absolutely magnificent pictures!!! Looka like you had a wonderful family trip.