Thursday, June 14, 2012

MALTA, DAY 2

Saturday morning we got up early to catch the shuttle picking us up to take us to the cruise I had booked for the day. Here's our boat, the Fernandes:


We sailed from Sliema across the north coast of Malta to the Islands of Gozo and Comino.  Here's our view of Valletta as we left the harbor.
Fort St. Elmo:
We sailed about an hour and a half to reach Gozo, where they dropped the anchor for swimming.  Mahlon jumped right in off the side of the boat!

And then he talked me into it!
We had lunch on the boat in Gozo, then sailed to the blue lagoon in Comino.  It was so beautiful!

The water was so clear and shallow across the lagoon.  We rented some snorkeling gear and swam around bugging all the fishies.
We also took a short hike around the island.  It's almost completely uninhabited.  There's one hotel and some ice cream stands!  When we got back to the boat there was enough time for Mahlon to dive in one more time.

I think I slept almost the whole way back.  Mahlon made sure I didn't miss it when we sailed by the island where Paul shipwrecked.  I snapped a quick photo and zonked back out.

No comments: