Dexter couldn't wait to ride the train!
The trip was about 1 1/2 hours, but Dexter had his "iPad" and he spent a long time playing with it. Thanks Grandma, Papa G and Aunt Sue!
Our first stop was in Salisbury and I am so glad we got to go there. It was the perfect picture of a small English town, exactly like you would imagine.
You can see the beautiful cathedral's steeple from the park.
We had a looooong tour of the cathedral, which like almost everything else, I didn't learn anything about because I was chasing Dexter around the entire time. At least he was happy and having fun. And I have already seen the Vatican, Notre Dame and the cathedrals in Milan and Venice, among others. After awhile it becomes much less exciting. Very beautiful though.
Then we hopped on a bus to Stonehenge.
This was the part of the trip Mahlon was most excited about. He has always wanted to visit Stonehenge. So I was really happy we had the opportunity to see it.
Again, I missed the tour part chasing Dexter around. But he was having fun, so who cares?
Dexter was so good on the trip. Everyone else in the group including the guide told me how wonderful he was. One woman said Dexter could sit with her on the bus if she could kiss his cheek the whole way :)
One of the best things about this trip is that I met this girl, Rana. She's from Israel and I spent a long time talking to her about Israel, the medical school she's attending there, and travels we've both enjoyed. We exchanged info at the end of the trip and hugged before we parted ways. Such a cool girl! I hope to keep in touch with her!
When we got back to London we asked our guide for a recommendation for a great place to grab a bite nearby. She said we should go to South Bank, a river walk area with a great ambiance. She said it would be jolly good fun. She was right! It was a great way to end the day.



































No comments:
Post a Comment