Saturday, September 22, 2012

LONDON, DAY 7

Wednesday was the day I had been looking forward to. This was supposed to be my big day with a guided rock tour of the city. I was SO excited to hear all the stories behind the recording sessions and lives of all the great British rock legends like the Rolling Stones, The Clash, Queen, David Bowie...who am I missing? Beatles, duh!
So we got to Trafalgar Square where we were supposed to meet the group, but we couldn't find them!  I'm still puzzled about this.  It was the biggest disappointment for me and I was pretty crushed.  So now we've got a whole day with nothing planned.  I hate that!  We decided to visit a famous rock landmark on our own.

Then we went walkabout, stopping at tube stations where we'd never stopped.  We walked down Baker Street and took a photo with Sherlock Holmes.
Dexter had his first McDonalds in London!
Mahlon had been wanting to ride a bus across the Tower Bridge at night.  So I found a bus tour that ran at night.  Unfortunately since it was dark and we were moving none of the pictures came out.
Luckily the draw bridge went up right as we pulled up to the Tower Bridge.  So we stopped and got a good pic.

No comments: