Saturday, March 20, 2010

YORIO CUGINE, DAY 2!

Wednesday morning we waived goodbye to Maierato and headed back to Sicily! Since it was on the way, and it's the most beautiful part of Sicily I've seen, we stopped in Taormina to shop and have dinner.





First things first...we got a snack! I wanted them to try an arancino. It's a fried rice ball full of meat sauce and peas. They're soooo good and they're only in Sicily. So we were all hanging out with our cafe and arancini (very Sicilian) and I looked down, and Dexter had sauce on his lip! Dexter bit my arancino!



The girls all went inside the Greek Ampitheater. I stayed behind and fed Dexter, since he was very hungry after his arancino appetizer!




And the Duomo:


And look! We even found a hat big enough for Bo to wear!


Dinner was amazing. We split 3 pasta dishes, gnocchi with tomato and basil, bucatini alla norma (with eggplant and ricotta) and spaghetti carbonara (with eggs and pancetta).



1 comment:

Bo-big-noggin said...

I'm lovin my hat! Why didn't I buy it again!?!?