We took a trip to Siracusa today. Dad wanted to see where Paul spent time in Sicily, so we went to the Chiesa San Giovanni. I've been on the church/catacombs tour there so many times that I sent mom and dad on the tour while Dexter and I played at the park.

After that we had lunch at the illy coffee bar down the street. We had arancini and espresso and some sweets. Dexter made a friend.

And he did a little pole dancing.

They had all their beautiful Easter goodies out.

Then we went to check out the Chiesa Madonna delle Lacrime, the church of the weeping madonna.

I loved the pretty purple and white flowers out front.

Here's the church on the inside:

And the weeping madonna:

I planned to take them to Ortigia Island after Siracusa, but by the time we got there Dexter was conked out. So we drove around the island and looked at the water and went home. It was a bellissima day!
No comments:
Post a Comment